Bipolar Disorder Support Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

About the child.....

So today in the aftermath of a child being killed and discarded in our neighborhood like a used toy, the news and media are crawling in front of the house and the area where the body was found.  Our doorbell got rang, and a female reporter asked me a few questions.  She wanted to interview me on camera but I declined after second thought, agreeing with Ed that it'd be disrespectful of the situation and bring more news to the area.  We've already seen a huge increase in traffic slowing down in front of the house to "get a peek" at where this happened.

I think as humans we have a morbid curiosity to things like this, although I do not understand why.  I have been guilty of that myself, and will slow looking at a wreck on the road.  Not because I want to, but because there's just an interest of "oh, what happened?".

In the neighborhood, well, I guess I have to admit I'm kinda Gladys Kravitzish in that I am home all the time and I want to know that people walking around my neighborhood belong here and that it is kept safe.  I'm getting older now and safety is a concern that will grow every day - I can't help now but look at a stranger when they walk down the street - are you involved?

Anyone that can find anyplace in their heart or soul where it's ok to take the life of a child.....well that is truly a monster in our day and age......

No comments:

Post a Comment